- Implement use of skills/needs assessment instrument.
- Identify needs and skills of center attendees, family members and others affected by addiction.
- Implement programs, groups and activities to meet needs of family members; collect feedback on family services for quality assurance.
- Recruit, train and supervise employees and family volunteers.
- Work with individual family members and the community at large to facilitate referrals to needed resources.
- Develop specific trainings, match volunteers with skills to those in need.
- Create, promote and facilitate family groups and special events.
- Develop, implement, monitor and record family member activities and attendance.
- Coordinate data collection processes, including supervision of volunteers in collection and inputting of data for monthly reports; entering of data into funder reporting systems.
- Foster environment of cooperation, teamwork and mutual respect.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Some college plus 3 years relevant experience OR Bachelors required.
- Recovery Peer Advocate certification required.
- Knowledge of prevention, treatment and family recovery resources
- Training as recovery/family coach or in CRAFT model preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Computer proficient with MS Word and database systems
- Social media experience
- Experience in delivery of family support groups
- Familiarity with local prevention, treatment, recovery, family and other social service agencies and resources, including insurance plans
- Training experience
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history and a vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV regulations
- Full-time, minimum of 35 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday, some evenings and weekends required.
- Medical, dental, life, supplemental life, STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension.
- Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as TDA, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident insurance.
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.