Primary Responsibilities include:
- Confidential and timely consultation and assessment of the clinical status of EAP clients to determine appropriate treatment interventions and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Provide case management and follow up services
- Provide management consultation to supervisors regarding employee work performance issues and improve employee job performance.
- Use of constructive confrontation and short term interventions with EAP clients to address problems that may affect job performance
- Outreach, coordination, design, and present employee training seminars; Must be comfortable in presenting seminar topics for small to large sized groups in both formal and informal venues; Travel to multiple office locations, such as Westbury, Hauppauge, and Riverhead, and to various employer client office locations to provide on-site training seminars, such as Port Jefferson, Southampton, Manhattan.
- Provide and/or direct clients to appropriate auxiliary EAP services such as legal service plan, financial counseling services, child care/elder care, caregiver support and parenting skills.
- Working knowledge of behavioral interventions and evidence-based treatments for substance use disorders and mental health conditions.
- Perform crisis management and response services as needed.
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions; Ability to work through brief client contacts, including via telephone and E-Therapy.
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent and equitable manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with staff, clients, provider community and organizational leadership.
- Responsible for rotation through LICADD departmental services on an as needed basis, such as crisis on-call phone, clinical services, and developmental events.
- Actively promote the EAP through maintenance and editing of monthly communications and digital marketing to employer clients and LICADD staff via email marketing and social media, such as Mail Chimp.
- Will be included in the rotation for the 24 Hour Hotline
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Candidate must be comfortably skilled in computing and data entry
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft suite
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Must have Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work and be LMHC or LMSW
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history and a motor vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV and agency regulations. Moderate travel is required and provided by the candidate own vehicle.
- 40 hour/week typically Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, some nights and weekends