Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide support, advocacy, and skill-building/educational activities to youth aged 13 and older who are currently involved with the children's mental health system.
- Actively engaging youth in existing youth-run leadership organizations and/or creates their own.
- Encourage and support youth involvement with their systems of care on an individual level as well as on a broader scale of advocacy for system transformation.
- Support and enhancing youth development through activities geared toward youth leadership and community involvement.
- Offer positive youth development-centered services with a resiliency/recovery focus.
- Promote skills for coping and managing psychiatric symptoms.
- Facilitate the use of natural and community resources.
- Promote wellness through modeling and assist youth with gaining and regaining the ability to make independent choices and playing a proactive role in their treatment.
- Complete and submit paperwork in compliance to OMH and OMIG regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- HS diploma/GED.
- Prior personal experiences receiving services through children's mental health, juvenile justice, or foster care systems.
- Cover letter must indicate personal lived experience.
- Valid New York State driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history.
- A vehicle that is properly insured and registered in accordance with NYS DMV and agency regulations.
- Schedule will vary depending on clients' needs and may include evening hours.