- Provide weekly recreational activities and community outings.
- Plan activities on the needs, abilities and strengths of each child and family.
- Transport clients and communicate with parents before and after activities.
- Maintain weekly communication regarding client progress.
- Attend required staff meetings, case conferences, training and supervision.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- HS Diploma/GED required, college level preferred.
- Experience working with children, preference for experience with children with behavioral, emotional and/or social challenges.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of community resources.
- Valid New York State driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history.
- A vehicle to conduct home visits and transport children to activities that is properly insured and registered in accordance with NYS DMV regulations.
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Maximum 19 hours per week.
- M-F Afternoon and evening hours. Weekends available.