Primary Responsibilities include:
- Organize and conduct social, recreational, and cultural activities.
- Develop a comprehensive activity/recreation plan for each resident to build assets and self-esteem.
- Develop community contacts and resources to support social/recreational/cultural activities.
- Provide individualized skill assessment, instruction and supervision.
- Accompany, supervise and provide transportation for activities.
- Coordinate the fiscal recreation needs including developing check request, and reconciling of the recreation budget.
- Supervise and monitor counselors' interaction with children and families.
- Model positive interaction and implement residential training curriculum as required by OMH core curriculum with children, families and with staff.
- Responsible for implementing Medicaid billable services for residents.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Service needed (Therapeutic recreation and National Council Therapeutic Recreation Certification eligibility is preferred).
- Experience working with children and adolescents with emotional disturbances.
- A valid NYS driver's license.
- Full-time, 35 hours per week. Monday-Friday 2 pm - 10 pm
- Medical, dental, life and STD/LTD Insurance, and employer contributed pension plan (401(a)).
- Accessibility to other voluntary benefits tax deferred annuity and AFLAC personal accident insurance, cancer care, supplemental dental and supplemental life insurance.
- 20 vacation, 12 sick, and 4 personal days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.