Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide outreach, support and gateway services to youth who are
homeless, and runaways or at- risk for trafficking and victimization. Actively
engage youth who have not received our help in accepting gateway support
and inform them of housing options via shelter and transitional living
program to discourage trafficking and other unsafe behaviors.
- Provide support and continued transition coaching to former residents
who require ongoing support as component of after-care.
- Engage street youth through outreach and informal
counseling and mentoring. Transport
youth to shelter; arrange referrals and follow-up to see if needs have
- Coordinate services with Nassau Haven and Walkabout
staff to help youth exit the streets and secure safe and stable housing.
- Encourage and support youth's connecting with or maintaining
connection to RHY systems of care by explaining services based on own
- Facilitate the use of natural and community resources.
- Promote wellness through role modeling and assist youth with
gaining and regaining the ability to make good choices that promote safety
- Complete and submit paperwork in compliance with program and FYSB
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator on the status of program
effectiveness and maintain regular communication on all relevant issues.
- Attend and participate in all required Agency, regulatory and
program meetings, and trainings. Represent Agency or program when
Qualifications and Requirements include:
GED/HS diploma required.
- A minimum of one year full time experience
working with youth/young adults
Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and
responsible driving history.
Basic computer skills.
F/T 35 hours per week
dental, life/, STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension (401A).
Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as supplemental life, TDA,
flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident insurance.
vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 12 holidays and 2 floating
holidays per year.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.