- Responsible for necessary repairs and maintenance required at each of the agency's facilities and offices based on Work Order Requests received from supervisor.
- Work cooperatively with other maintenance staff to ensure that boilers, HVAC, and heating systems at various locations receive regular maintenance provided under service contracts.
- Perform minor repairs, plumbing and electrical work, painting, spackling, installing drywall, remodeling and assist other workers as needed, including moving furniture, equipment and building materials.
- Inspect the sidewalks and parking lots of the agency's facilities to ensure that they are free of hazards. Shovel and remove snow and apply ice melt when necessary to ensure the areas safe.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Valid NYS Driver's License with a history of safe and responsible driving and the ability to operate an agency vehicle as needed.
- Electric: Able to replace circuit breakers, replace 8 ft. long and 4 ft. long T8 and T12 electric ballasts, and replace light bulbs, electrical outlets, and switches.
- Plumbing: Able to replace and repair sinks, toilets and faucets, and unclog toilets and sinks.
- Computer skills: able to print work orders and answer e-mails.
- Physical: Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 70 lbs. Able to climb ladder to access storage areas or rooftops to make repairs.
- Full-time, Monday through Friday 7 am - 3 pm, 40 hours per week.
- On-call 24/7 for emergencies.