- Engage youth through outreach and informal counseling
Provide clothing with immediately needed items.
- Engage youth under 21 into accepting housing at Nassau
Haven and facilitate emergency housing for those ages 22-24.
- Offer workshops and training to youth on health,
nutrition, and personal hygiene.
- Provide a range of supportive services for at-risk
youth engaged in the program not residing at Nassau Haven including
referrals to Department of Occupation Resource and its partners.
- Provide stable housing discharges and comprehensive
services via Nassau Haven and DSS emergency housing.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- Experience: two years' experience working with at-risk
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible
driving history and a motor vehicle that is properly insured and
registered in accordance with NYS-DMV regulations.
- Ability to drive from worksite to worksite.
- Full-time, 35 hours per week.
- Hours include nights and weekends.
- Medical, dental, life, supplemental life, STD/LTD
insurance, and (403)b plan with generous employer contribution.
- Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as TDA,
flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident
- 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11
holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
Family and Children's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran