Primary Responsibilities include:
· Conduct extensive outreach and devise unique strategies to engage at risk families in family mediation, individual sessions, and parenting groups.
· Engage families specifically in the Village of Hempstead, but extend to neighboring communities of Uniondale, Roosevelt, Westbury, Elmont, and Freeport.
· Work collaboratively with community-based organizations, county, probation, and faith-based organizations in addition to FCA programs, development, and social media.
· Ensure program operates in compliance with all contractual obligations and that all required paperwork, reports, and statistics are conducted, maintained, and submitted on time.
· Ensure that all services are strength-based and culturally competent.
· Meet regularly with the program coordinator to communicate, on a timely basis, any issues and/or concerns affecting the program and its ability to comply with or attain the operational mission.
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders so as to foster inter-departmental collaboration/referrals and to enhance program visibility among addiction/mental health professionals, consumer groups, school districts, community-based organizations, government officials and the public-at-large.
· Assume other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective program and agency operations.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
· BA required.
· Must be Bilingual Spanish.
· One year experience working with at-risk families and youth.
· A valid New York State driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history.
· 20 hours per week. Some evenings hours required.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.