Primary Responsibilities include:
- Conduct home visits (60% of worked time) to educate clients on parenting techniques and develop advocacy skills and to assist them in securing community resources to strengthen their support system.
- Facilitate groups or other networking opportunities for clients.
- Attend all required program, agency and regulatory training and meetings.
- Complete all required paperwork in accordance with funding and agency requirements and submit by required deadline. This includes but not limited to case records, timesheets, mileage forms and expense reports.
- Collaborate with Case Manager on shared client cases to ensure quality delivery of services.
- Assume other tasks, projects and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective operation of the program.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- High school diploma
- Complete the required OMH trainings within the first year of employment
- Must parent or have parented a child with special needs.
- Must have a valid New York State driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history. A motor vehicle that is properly insured, registered and maintained in accordance with NYS DMV regulations and the ability to regularly travel to and from residences, worksites and schools within Nassau or Suffolk County.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and the Internet. Ability to adapt to program specific applications.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
- Hourly - hours to be determined but will not exceed ten (19) hours per week.
- Flexible schedule based on client's needs and availability, which will include evening hours.