Primary Responsibilities include:
The Physician Assistant provides services within the scope of their license/certification and according to the professional standards of their discipline. This position will have the responsibility of conducting health screenings, including communicable disease risk assessments. Prescribe and monitor Medication for Opioid Use Disorder and Alcohol Use Disorder, which includes assessment for initiation, stabilization and maintenance. Collaborates with the Care Coordination staff and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate referrals for additional support, ancillary services, or higher levels of care if needed. Provide clinical services that are culturally competent and sensitive to the racial and ethnic backgrounds of the community served. Maintain electronic medical records in compliance with agency and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
· Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
· NYS Certification as a Physician Assistant and valid NPI and DEA Certification.
· Experience working with patients who use drug and/or experience working with marginalized populations, including homeless or formerly incarcerated individuals and those with low literacy.
· Valid NYS Driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history and a motor vehicle that is properly registered and insured in NYS.
· Full-time, 35 hours per week.
· Medical, Dental, Life STD/LTD Insurance, and Employer contributed Pension (403b). Accessibility to other voluntary benefits (Cancer Care, TDA, etc.)
· Accessibility to other voluntary benefits including tax deferred annuity and AFLAC personal accident insurance, cancer care, supplemental dental and supplemental life insurance.
· 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 12 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.