Program that offers guidance to individuals and families navigating the substance use disorder (SUD) treatment system
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Care Coordinator is a member of the Sherpa team that utilizes Social Determinants of Health screening to identify barriers to care and priority needs with the goal of eliminating access issues. They provide education, risk reduction and case management to individuals regarding substance use, mental health, and physical health services. The Care Coordinator monitors participant progress towards improving access through ongoing communication with participants and service providers. They manage complex care needs and referrals as well as obtain follow-up information on outcomes from providers to ensure continuity of care during the transition between care systems.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
· High school diploma or GED required; BA degree preferred.
· 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
· Computer proficient in MS Word and database systems
· Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history
· 35 hours per week, some evenings and weekends are required.
· Medical, dental, life/, STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension (401A). Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as supplemental life, TDA, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident insurance.
· 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 12 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.
All positions at FCA are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.