Primary Responsibilities include:
- Arrange weekly/monthly case conferences, collect data and statistics to share with OCFS.
- Devise unique marketing strategies to create opportunities for youth with multiple barriers to employment. Develop and implement a formalized curriculum to prepare youth in personal development and life skills.
- Work collaboratively with all programs, staff and Directors at the Learning Center.
- Facilitate workshops for youth to explore career options. engage all youth in project utilizing the SU2S domain methodology
- Provide regular monitoring, mentoring and coaching of youth once they are placed on job sites
- Collaborate and refer youth to supplemental services as indicated which include but not limited to: mental health counseling, family mediation, chemical dependency services and educational advocacy
- Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned to ensure the effective operation of program
- Conduct extensive Community outreach via schools, community-based organizations, businesses and social media
- Attend trainings and workshops as appropriate
- Work flexible hours to meet program's needs.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- MSW, MA or MFT in related field or BSW or BA
- Experience in community outreach, program development and securing internships or employment for youth. Experience in working with at-risk youth
- Valid New York State driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history. Vehicle that is properly insured and registered in NY and is available to drive to client's home and other work sites.
- Part time, 21 hours per week