Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and facilitate independent living skills workshops.
- Provide contacts and supports for foster families to facilitate implementation of independent living skills in the home.
- Coordinate service efforts with DSS caseworkers.
- Conduct monthly home visits to youth in their foster homes.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in social work, education or related field required, master's degree preferred.
- One year full-time experience working with adolescents.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history and a vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV and agency regulations.
- Basic computer knowledge of MS Office.
- Must be energetic and creative.
- Full-time, 35 hours per week.
- Mon, Tues., Wed., Fri. 9am-5pm, Thurs. 12pm-8pm.
- Medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension. Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as TDA, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care, supplemental dental, and personal accident insurance.
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.