Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide counseling, information, advocacy and options to consumers seeking assistance in the areas of foreclosure, mortgage delinquency/default, consumer debt, budgeting, property tax preparation and income tax preparation (when currently certified), counseling related to financial budgeting on a fixed income.
- Providing assistance with completing applications, forms and financial hardship letters.
- Assisting seniors, especially those on fixed incomes or without sufficient retirement savings, facing serious financial challenges. Providing and conducting a Senior Citizen Resource Assessment along with program intake sheet.
- Organize and participate in community outreach events, raise awareness through talks, media, and literature. Participate in County Fairs, public speaking engagements
- Provide confidential, individual financial counseling for seniors on-site. Provide one-on-one counseling to vulnerable seniors.
- Attend appropriate trainings and develop and maintain an up-to-date resource file for own use and to be shared with other SFC staff.
- Collaborate with local senior groups, agencies, case managers and community resources.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior accounting and or banking experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience entering data into various databases, as well as working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history. A motor vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV regulations.
- Part-time, 11 hours per week