Primary Responsibilities include:
- Use evidence-based community organizing techniques to mobilize key stakeholders in Hempstead to engage in activities that will prevent, diffuse and ameliorate the effects of violence, with a particular emphasis on gun violence.
- Develop relationships with local service providers and program partners, including law enforcement, faith leaders, and community stakeholders, in order to identify and access resources for the highest risk. Participate in local community events and in activities that will advance the project.
- Coordinate hiring panels, supervise all project staff and serve as a liaison with both FCA and partner agencies in order to promote accountability, staff support and fidelity to the NYS SNUG model.
- Document meetings, including minutes of planning committee sessions, program activities and correspondence to area residents and community partners.
- Plan and implement proactive, creative responses to shootings with community residents,
Law enforcement and other local partners within seventy two hours.
- Prepare and submit timely program reports for DCJS, FCA administrators and key stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Justice involved knowledge and extensive background in the Criminal Justice Field, BA preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Management experience (e.g., monitoring budgets, programmatic progress to goals, etc.)
- Community organizing abilities and ability to interact with community stakeholders.
- Ability to document programmatic activities.
- Experience and/or training in crisis intervention and staff supervision.
- Valid NYS driver's license, with a safe and responsible driving history and a vehicle that is registered and insured in NYS
- Full time, some nights and weekends may be required.
- Medical, dental, life, and STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension. Accessibility to other voluntary benefits such as supplemental life insurance, TDA, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care and personal accident insurance.
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.