Primary Responsibilities include:
- Implement use of skills/needs assessment instrument with recoverees.
- Identify needs and skills of recoverees; persons in recovery (PIR).
- Assist in development of individual recovery plans with recoverees and monitor progress.
- In conjunction with recoverees, provide mentoring and identification of obstacles.
- Match recoverees with available skills and resources.
- In conjunction with recoveree and Recovery Services Coordinator, implement specific programs, groups and activities to meet attendee needs.
- In conjunction with Recovery Services Coordinator, recruit and train volunteers.
- Promote and assist in facilitation of special events.
- Foster environment of cooperation, teamwork and mutual respect.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of Recovery Coach Training Academy (minimum 28 hours).
- Knowledge of recovery and community resources.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficient in MS Word and database systems.
- Social media experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Experience in delivery of peer recovery services and supports preferred.
- Training experience preferred.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and responsible driving history and a vehicle that is properly registered and insured in accordance with NYS DMV regulations
- 17 hours per week.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required.