Primary Responsibilities include:
- Counsel and assist clients with accurate, unbiased Medicare health insurance information.
- Nassau County HIICAP methods of counseling include: One- on -one counseling, walk-in clients and telephone.
- Provide referrals to appropriate resources.
- Maintain the HIICAP call log.
- Specific duties are fully disclosed in the NYSOFA Notebook.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum of three years working in direct contact position with seniors and/or their families.
- Intermediate computer skills working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to speak a second language a plus..
- Part-time, 7 hours per week