Primary Responsibilities include:
- Identify needs and skills of individuals
- Assist in the development of person-centered
recovery plans and monitor progress.
- Provide mentoring and
identification of strengths and obstacles
- Provide non-clinical peer support services and match individuals with available skills and resources.
- Educate program participants about multiple
pathways of recovery, existing social and other support services
- In conjunction with Program Manager, implement specific programs, groups and activities to
meet participant needs.
- In conjunction
with Program Manager, recruit and train volunteers.
- Promote and assist in facilitation
of community outreach and special events.
- Foster environment of cooperation,
teamwork and mutual respect.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of Recovery Coach Training Academy (46 hours).
- NYS Certified
Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA or CRPA-Provisional) certification required.
- Knowledge of recovery and community
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficient in MS Word and database
- Social media experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Experience in delivery of peer recovery
services and supports preferred.
- Training experience preferred.
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe and
responsible driving history and a vehicle that is properly registered and
insured in accordance with NYS DMV regulations
- 35 hours per week.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Medical, Dental, Life STD/LTD Insurance.
Employer contributed Pension (403b). Accessibility to other voluntary
benefits (Cancer Care, TDA, etc.)
- 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal
days, 11 Agency holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.