Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop a case plan for youth and family based on initial
risk/need assessment provided by Nassau County Department of Probation and
ensure its implementation through contact and follow-up with appropriate
service providers including school.
- Meet with youth and/or family members, in the family's home
or in the community to determine service
needs. Provide counseling, case management, crisis intervention and
referral services to youth and family.
- Implement evidence-based interventions such as Moral Resonation
Therapy and Strengthening Families as needed and appropriate and
facilitate psycho-educational groups for youth.
- Complete and maintain all client records in accordance with Agency
and regulatory requirements and submit by date due.
- Complete all Agency required paperwork, including time sheet and
mileage reimbursement, by required due date.
- Assume other tasks, responsibilities and projects as needed to
ensure the effective operations of the program.
and Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in the human service
- 2 years' full time experience providing
direct service to at-risk and adjudicated youth.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Valid NYS Driver's License with a history
of safe and responsible driving and the ability to operate an agency vehicle to
transport clients. Must have own vehicle that is properly registered and
insured according to NYS DMV regulations to transport clients when the agency
vehicle is not available.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Full-Time - minimum of 35 hours per week,
Monday-Friday, some evening hours required.
- Medical, dental, life, supplemental life,
STD/LTD insurance, and employer contributed pension. Accessibility to other
voluntary benefits such as TDA, flexible spending account, AFLAC cancer care
and personal accident insurance.
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal
days, 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays per year.